That’s right, your ticket to the 2008 Beijing Olympics now includes a free bonus gift! A mandatory tour of George Orwell’s 1984!
Some of the many attractions of this brand new amusement park include:
- “Tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies are embedded with a microchip containing the bearer’s photograph, passport details, addresses, e-mail and telephone numbers.”
- “Thousands of closed-circuit TV cameras”
- The very real possibility of identity theft
- A cool game you can play with friends called, “Guess which ticket is whose?” with hilarious penalties like “Denied Admission” or “Standing in a huge long line”
- If you’d prefer something with a bit more thrill, you can even play “Spot the undercover security officials”
Don’t lose or throw away your tickets either. That’s a heckuva lot of information on them for random strangers to have.
Man, I can’t wait to go to the Olympics! Oh, wait, I’m not going. :(